Saturday, February 28, 2015

Gone "BABY" Fishin'

Happy Saturday! 
I sure hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend...
It's a bit cloudy here today in AZ, so it is another perfect day to stay inside and make cards right? 
Today, I'm sharing with you a new card that is for my nephew and his fiance for their upcoming baby boy! My nephew is a huge fisherman and the invitation to the baby shower is all about the baby going to be a fisherman too! Just like his daddy. Here is part of the invitation, it has little lily pads and more fishes in green on it, but I just wanted to share this corner for my inspiration for baby card I made for the two of them. 


So here is my card for them. I hope they like it... It is a shaker card in all three circles. There are little beads inside and the fishes have google eyes. The font is Walt Disney; I was thinking it would be great for a baby card. 


All the waves are hand cut by using a big wave scissor. The large fishing pole was made using my cricut and I added a bob on the pole to add more red color. The green ovals are meant to represent lily pads and I had to add some bling for the fish. 


I used my cuttlebug for the white bubbles behind the fishes. The fishes were cut with my cricut, just simple ovals and heart tails. I added gold pearl stickles for the dots to match the invitation. 

The best part of this card is the Cherry Lynn Diecut with the "Gone Fishin". I actually don't own this diecut....yet....my good friend at work has this diecut and let me borrow it for the weekend because I knew I wanted to use it for this card. Thank you Lorianne! I added the tiny "baby" flag banner in blue.  


So thanks for stopping by once again! 
I appreciate it and always love all the wonderful comments
Hugs
Lisa

1 comment:

Lizzyc said...

This looks amazing! Love the shaker circles on your card ,